The Benefits of Being a Local Coordinator/International Education Coordinator
The Local Coordinator position is a rewarding contracted position with many benefits As an LC with AYA, you will receive:
- Extensive training on marketing, community outreach, and mediation
- The opportunity to grow and develop professionally in an exciting environment
- Certification by the U.S. Department of State, a professional credential
- Payment for each full year international student you place and supervise
- International and domestic travel opportunities! Recent travel locations include Florence, Prague, Buenos Aires, Athens, Munich, and Rio de Janeiro
- 24/7 support by the AYA national office
- Other special incentives available
The AYA Advantage
AYA shares America with the world by bringing foreign exchange students to the United States to live with American families and attend American high schools. You will find that as a Local Coordinator you play a key role in fostering a positive relationship between the U.S. and its international neighbors. The AYA Team is there to help you every step of the way.
You will receive full support from AYA. Local Coordinators are backed by a professional staff in our AYA National Office located in Stamford, Connecticut. Support includes 24-hour emergency assistance, an "800" toll-free telephone number and the expertise of our many years in intercultural educational exchange.
Your Regional Director, along with the AYA Field Staff Administrator, will provide you with the tools and ideas necessary to be effective. You will also receive state-of-the-art print and website promotional tools to support you in your work.