Study in the USA
Experience life in the U.S.A. as an AYA foreign exchange student!
Each year, more than 800 students from over 40 countries experience America from a unique perspective. They participate in the American Institute For Foreign Study Foundation's Academic Year in America (AYA) program, where they join a caring American family and attend a U.S. high school.
AYA students share their customs and cultures with their American host families and new American friends. In return, they receive a lifetime of treasured memories and friendships and gain a special understanding of America's cultural diversity and the English language.
Why should you become an AYA student?
- You live with an American family and spend an exciting year with American teenagers in a U.S. high school.
- You experience the life of an American teenager.
- You become a member of an American family.
- You improve your English skills with help from your American family, friends and high school.
- By sharing everyday activities, you come to know what it is like to be an American.
Academic Year in America has made these experiences possible for over two decades. AYA is sponsored by the American Institute For Foreign Study Foundation, a not-for-profit educational organization founded in 1967. Since the Foundation has been designated by the U.S. Department of State as an Exchange Visitor Program, participants obtain a J-1 exchange visa for the duration of the program.
By hosting an exchange student, it has given me the power to help with bridging the gap between our culture and others. It may seem small, but it has taught me that even just one person can make a difference.
2009 Host Family